- Diversity Student Leaders Society - The CCI Diversity Student Leaders Society is an organization that provides an open and accepting community for students in the College regardless of ethnic background, gender, culture, religion, and sexual orientation. Our purpose is to provide equitable and high quality educational opportunities and to promote an understanding of each other by moving beyond simple tolerance to embrace and celebrate the rich dimensions of diversity contained within each individual.
Advertising and Public Relations
- Ad Club - The Advertising Club is a professional association for students interested in Advertising. Members activities support the betterment of the advertising industry.
- Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) Sammie Lynn Puett Chapter - PRSSA seeks to cultivate a favorable and mutually advantageous relationship between student and professional public relations practitioners.
- Communication Studies Club - The Communication Studies Club is composed of communication studies majors, minors, and other students interested in advancing their understanding of communication and participating in activities designed to hone their communication skills. The club also provides members with the opportunity to network with communication professionals.
- SIS ALA/TLA Chapter of the American Library Association (ALA) and Chapter of Tennessee Library Association (TLA) - The American Library Association is the oldest and largest library association in the world, with more than 64,000 members. Its mission is to promote the highest quality library and information services and public access to information. The purpose of the TLA is to promote the establishment, maintenance, and support of adequate library services for all Tennesseans; to cooperate with public and private agencies with related interests; and to support and further professional interests of its membership.
- SIS ASIST Chapter of American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) - Since 1937, the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) has been the society for information professionals leading the search for new and better theories, techniques, and technologies to improve access to information.
- SIS SAA Chapter of Society of American Archivists - Founded in 1936, the Society of American Archivists is North America's oldest and largest national professional association dedicated to the needs and interests of archives and archivists.
- SIS SLA Chapter of Special Libraries Association (SLA) - SLA is a global organization for innovative information professionals and their strategic partners. The organization promotes and strengthens its members through learning, advocacy, and networking initiatives.
Journalism and Electronic Media
- Society for Professional Journalists - UT student chapter of the Society for Professional Journalists
- Kappa Tau Alpha - Honor society for journalism and mass communication students.